Well our appointment had some good points and some discouraging points. This was the first time we have ever talked to Dr. G for more than 10 minutes so that was a bonus. Although he was over an hour late for the appointment it was nice that we had all of our questions answered. To start off I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't try to talk me out of moving on to an egg donor. Actually he had just come from a meeting about the clinic's new egg clinic (that's why he was late). Finally we are able to get eggs in Canada (although they are frozen and shipped from the United States). He said he thought I was being very level headed to move on to a donor and that he was impressed that I came to this decision so easily (let me assure you it was not easy but I just went with it). The negative was when he said he doesn't generally like to use an egg donor of my sister's advanced age (clearly 38 is not a positive). I know that her age isn't ideal but obviously I would prefer to have a genetic link and the cost difference is substantial. He said that if she doesn't have a high antral follicle and if her FSH level is high they will not accept her as a donor. Obviously I don't want to waste my sister's time and energy but knowing that she has had 3 healthy babies and no health issues I really figured we would give it a try even if she doesn't have the perfect stats (she isn't 25 so let's be realistic here!). At times I felt like Dr. G. was pushing the new egg donor program a little. I know that the success rate would be higher but as I mentioned earlier it is out of our budget (for now) and I would prefer some genetic link. Hubby says that if our clinic decides my sister isn't a good donor, then we should get a second opinion, and I agree. My major worry is that they will scare her off. Obviously this is a huge deal for her to be doing this and I don't want to risk her health but I am being selfish. I am sick of obstacles, nothing seems easy. Oh, and I am still obsessing that something is wrong with my uterus (because why would anything on me work). I have tons of lady pains and I worried about not being able to carry a baby if we do end up using my sister's eggs. I will have schedule another sonogram (ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!) which scares me because I am one of the few that found it very painful (my dr says it is because my cervix is so damaged from my endo). Does anyone know if endo usually affects carrying a baby?
So what next???? My sister has an appointment on April 13 to meet with the Dr. so that he can decide if she is there of her free will. Then if that goes well she have will a day 3 FSH test (Around April 26) and then she will have an ultra sound to see her antral follicle count around May 3. So I guess I will know sonner than later if she will be a viable donor (fingers and toes crossed). In the mean time we both have to go to a psychologist to make sure we are stable to go through the process.
So that's that, wait again.
I hope everyone is doing well and there are lots of pregancies out there in blog land. I haven't been reading posts because I have been trying to distract myself from fertility stuff. However, I know I will be hitting the blogs hard for support after this weekend. I am going to visit a friend and her cousin who are both 6 months pregnant and I know the converstation all weekend will be baby related....pray for me that I behave.