Monday, April 4, 2011

I survived

Other than the mother of the mother to be publicly embarassing me the weekend was non eventful. I handled myself very well and avoided breaking down in tears (infront of anyone that is). When the grandmother to be placed her hand on my stomach and asked if I had finally had any success she then let everyone know that I had been trying to get pregnant for 2 years without any luck. Yep, it was a special moment but what can you do. To put it is prospective my friend's mom is slow (and I am not being sarcastic). I would guess that if she had an IQ test she would fall in to a category of low intelligence. She has a very basic vocabulary and works in a factory where she can not move departments because the training for the next level of job is too difficult for her to grasp. I know she didn't mean to humiliate me but she was in fact laughing at me and telling me how her daughter had no problem getting pregnant. Oh well......life goes on!
I am in an argument with the hubby and I think I am mostly to blame or at least I was at first. When I was away this weekend I called him to say goodnight and he didn't pick up the phone. He didn't call me back or message me until the next morning and this pissed me off. We always stay in communication with each other when one of us goes away and I thought it was inconsiderate so I let him know it. I guess I went a a bit overboard because he isn't speaking to me and even told me to go f*ck myself. Uh yes, you heard it right he swore at me for the first time in our relationship. It was extreme for the situation and let me tell you whatever plans I had to apologize went off the table when he said those words. Swearing at your partner is not okay in my books and I am happy not to talk to him for a little while.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you survived - without any tears, no less. That sucks about the grandmother - people like that, well... I don't know. But it sounds like you handled it well.

    Sorry about the argument with the hubby. Hope you two can resolve your issues soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an amazingly awful situation to be in. I am so shocked you made it through, I know I could not have done it.
    Good luck on the hubs situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch on both fronts! What an awful few days. I hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would take a STRONG individual. How hard that must have been for you on both fronts.

    I would freak if someone blurted that out in public. You handled yourself well my dear.

    I hope you and Hubby can make-up soon. Just talk out your frustrations - infertility can really put a strain on relationships.

    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, even when you know the person doesn't mean to be hurtful in what they say, it's still hard. Glad you survived.

    Sorry about the blow-up with your husband. I don't know if you've considered it, but my husband and I ended up going to a counselor I had been seeing to deal with the whole infertility mess. We realized that a lot of our over/reactions to each other about what seemed like minor things were a lot related to the stress of infertility. It really helped us get through some pretty awful times. We went maybe every other week and then a little less frequently for a number of months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry that the grandmother-to-be put you in an uncomfortable situation, ugh. some people just don't have a clue. and as for your dh... i feel like if i was in your shoes, i would have been disappointed with him for not talking with me that night too. its just hard to have other stresses in a relationship when you are going through infertility.

    ReplyDelete