Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Appointment

Not sure that this is news but my IUI didn't work. I can't say I was disappointed at all because I never considered it a viable option. I actually found it a bit irratating when the nurse hugged me and told me she just knew this was going to work. She needs to do some reading on advanced endo because the chances were very low (I know I sound jaded but I don't like false hope). So on to the next step. On Thursday we have an appointment with Dr. G to tell him we are moving on with a donor egg. We have come to this decision together and there is a chance he will try to talk me out of it. Dr. G thinks there is still a chance with my eggs but we don't have the energy, money, or desire to beat a dead horse. My sister goes in to meet with him April 13 and then I guess the LONG process begins. I know I am being stupid but now I am worried about her eggs. Although she has 3 babies and got preggo the first month they tried to conceive she is older now and we all know how when you are over 35 your chances are severly reduced. She is 38 (please don't gasp) but has had a baby in the last 2 years so fingers crossed her eggs are good. Why can't I wind back the hands of time??????

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are moving on. I think you need a new hope. You've been though a lot and I can only imagine what you must be feeling.

    I have my fingers crossed this is your 'for sure' path. Good luck!

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your IUI didn't work, but I think this is a great plan. I'm very excited to hear how your sister tests, and about the whole process. Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like such a good plan!!!
    I believe that her eggs are fine! I have a great friend who is 35 and was soo worried about her egg quality. She had never tried to get pregnant before, but got pregnant on her first try (kind of annoying)!!!
    Keep us posted, I have been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can absolutely relate to your lack of energy, etc to keep trying with your own parts. hoping to hear all is great with your sis' eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope this works for you. I think they'll have a better idea about your sister's chances when they do her day 3 bloodwork. My sister is 36 and a half which is a little bit younger, but based on her day 3 stats, they thought we'd get 10-12 eggs in her retrieval. We'll be doing that in May.

    It takes a lot to make this move and I'm glad you are doing so. I don't know if you've considered anonymous donor as well? We had decided that we would definitely go to anonymous if it didn't work with my sister. I think that gave us yet another option and took the pressure off my sister. It might not be the right thing for you, but I know as we thought about all of this that it helped us to decide to go forward with my sister knowing we had yet another option up our sleeves after that.

    Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your IUI didn't work but I get that you weren't too hopeful.

    That is so great that your Sister is willing to help out. You're right - if she just had a baby 2 years ago you would think that her eggs should still be good. I am glad to hear that things are moving along quickly and I really hope your doctor offers you his support for this right away.

    ReplyDelete