Saturday, June 12, 2010

When is it time to see someone??????

Throughout my life I have had times of extreme isoloation. I don't pick up the phone, I don't return phone calls or emails and I avoid human contact as much as possible. Of course I go to work all day but that is where my social interaction stops. I don't do dinners out, and I avoid family interactions. I even peek out the curtains to make sure my neighbors aren't around when I have to go out to run errands. I am currently in one of these times in my life. I am overly emotional and I just feel sorry for myself. I feel like I am living in a nightmare and I having a constant pity party for myself. I am even starting to push hubby out. Last week I was so mad at him over literally nothing that I refused to talk to him for almost a week. Luckily hubby is thick skinned and just ignores my ridiculousness. He insists we continue to do things and sticks by my side. He refuses for us to even watch t.v in seperate rooms and will even watch The Real Housewives with me in order to be together. He works a lot so when he is home he is adament that we hang out together. Thank god for that because I could just stay curled up in a ball hidden under blankets for my entire weekend without any human contact. I was so bummed this week that I didn't even have the energy to check my favourite blogs.
Today I checked my blog for the first time all week and it felt great to have 4 comments from ladies who are going/ or have gone through the same feelings I am dealing with. I really appreciate the feedback and it makes me feel better to know that I am not completely crazy.
Tonight I am going to see the A-Team with the hubby and I will do my best not to eat the entire large bag of popcorn to myself. Last month hubby enrolled us in the local Good Life Gym and I have been once...I just can't get myself motivated!!!

2 comments:

  1. its time to see someone when you feel like it will help you. i just made an appointment w/ my hmo to see a therapist. i just thought i was spending too much time being sad and joyless and maybe someone could help me learn some mental techniques to at least try to be more present in my life... but at the same time, sometimes lying on the couch under the blanket is much more soothing than sitting on a couch telling someone your troubles that has no clue what you are going through... regardless, just wanted to let you know i am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you have such an understanding husband who tries to keep things together for the both of you. It's a good idea to make him your gym buddy so he can get you motivated to go, if you can't. I know my husband makes a great gym buddy for me- It's easier to be more accountable when there's more than one person involved. Working out at the gym might be a good way to help start you out from this horrible lull you're in. Exercise makes you release endorphins and helps with hormones that affect you emotionally. It's been proven to help with anxiety and mood. (If you google "depression" and "exercise", you'll be able to find out a lot of info on this) The gym might have more benefits than seeing a therapist! You can look for other options if it doesn't help, but just take it one step at a time. Little baby steps. And once you're on the roll, sometimes things are not so hard anymore.

    ReplyDelete