Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Away!

Well I think I am one of the very few mothers of twins that can say they had an entire weekend away without their 7 month old twins.  It was great to get away but I missed the boys like crazy.  Of course I knew they were in amazing hands with my sister and mom but I still missed their smiling faces.  They are at such a fun stage and it is hard to miss a moment. It was however great to spend time with friends, eat some leisurely meals, and even sleep in. I feel like G and I have lots of time together at home but it is much different when you are away.  We stayed at a gorgeous Inn for the weekend where Graham was the Best Man at our good friends' wedding. It was a lovely wedding with all of our closest friends attending.  The Inn is located 2 hours from our house and it is right on a beautiful lake.  The bride and groom decided to forgo the honeymoon suite for a bigger double room so they gave it to us.  They even insisted on paying for both nights (they said it included in their wedding package).  We enjoyed our time away but were very excited to get back to the boys. I think the boys are sick of mommy hugging them because I can't help but squeeze them all of the time since I have been home.  The best part of everything is that my mom and sister followed my "schedule" to a t and the boys came home right on track.  There literally hasn't even been one hiccup since we have been home.  This is a big contrast to our visit to my in-laws cottage. 




 
In other exciting news my baby Fynn is crawling, that's right crawling.  He had been rocking for a couple of days and even took a few "steps" crawling but now he can crawl all the way to whatever object he desires.  He doesn't do it all of the time but he can when he wants to.  I am so screwed......lol!

19 comments:

  1. How great that you got to have that time away!! Good for you! LOVE these photos and their outfits in the first set!!

    Yay for crawling! :) Alidia is still doing the up on her knees wobbling and lots of backwards moving, but no real crawling quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Alidia is only a couple of days away. Fynn still does a lot of rocking but then decided to crawl twice yesterday. Surprisingly enough he hasn't done it today. I guess he will be a gradual only when necessary crawler.

      Delete
  2. Yay for time away! And so awesome that they were kept on schedule! I get a couple hours baby free for a concert in a couple weeks lol very exciting
    I absolutely love the pictures of the boys in their band shirts and hats! I need to find MV some cool clothes like that! lol
    And so exciting about about the crawling! We are so close here too! Time for baby gates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the concert, that is awesome. The band shirts were from H&M and super cheap. We actually didn't have any crawling today, I guess it will pick up soon. Hubby is setting up the baby pen/gate now.....lol

      Delete
  3. You are amazing to take a weekend away. A friend of mine recently did that and left her 6 month old with her sister for the weekend. It must be so nice to have your family around! So glad you got to sleep in and enjoy some peace and quiet! Just wait til the boys start walking, holy, then life really goes crazy! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice to have family to help. I know a lot of people don't get any support. It was especially nice that they also kept them on schedule. I know they don't buy my sometimes rigid ways (although after the weekend they were praising the schedule)they followed it completely.
      Walking will be an entirely new ballpark

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh... they are ADORABLE!!!!! LOVE those outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mom and dad still need to have their time away too. So glad that you were able to enjoy it and that the boys were taken care of so well. THat is huge! :)
    Kepp hugging.

    and yahoo for the crawling. And so it begins.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,it was fun I am getting all my hugs in because I know one day they will be too cool to hug.

      Delete
  6. Those fedoras, are you kidding me!? Adorable! They are getting so big already. I really wanted to be able to say "oh me me! I got to take a weekend away when my twins were 7 months old!" except that would be a bald faced lie. You are so lucky - I hope you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, well I hope you get a weekend away soon. Do you have family that help out? Mine are pretty busy but because we planned so far in advance they shifted things around for us. It was great, maybe we can do it again next year.
      The fedoras crack me up too!

      Delete
  7. Their little rocker outfits are just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, they seem to be more suited to this style instead of teddy bear and monkey outfits. I think I have two hellions on my hand and I can't wait! I gave my mom a run for her money and I think I better get ready to hold onto my hat!

      Delete
  8. Every time I see the boys they are more and more handsome! They have good taste too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks they are getting into everything so they better be adorable......lol

      Delete
  9. Glad that you got some quality with your spouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - I am in love with your lil boys! SO ADORABLE - beyond words!

    ReplyDelete