Friday, September 7, 2012

We have a tooth, and it's a boy!

Yesterday we went to our first appointment with our new pediatrician and it went very well. Not sure if I mentioned it before but I strongly dislike my previous pediatrician.  He made off colored jokes (usually I don't mind some but not in a professional setting) and crossed the line about my sister being our egg donor (asked hubby if my sister was hot and then said they should have just got a hotel room and saved all of the expense). The boys are doing well and a lot the little concerns are clearing up (they had some fluid in their testicals and Fynn had a bit of a hernia). Then he asked me if they had any teeth and I quickly responded no.  Well insert foot in mouth because sure enough my baby boy Fynn indeed has his first tooth poking through.  I guess I thought it would be bigger or more apparent.  The boys wiggle so much and barely stay still for a second so it is difficult to get a good look in their mouth. I have felt around and thought I felt some harder spots but then thought nothing of it. Anyway, just a sliver of the tooth is showing and I am so excited for him.  I know I say it way too much but these guys are really growing up.
In other news my sister in law (hubby's brother's wife) is pregnant and due in January.  Lord knows how anyone keeps a secret as long as they did (she was 16 weeks before they announced it) but she found out today she will be having a boy. Side note, they got pregnant the second month they were trying (bitch....lol). This is great news but I won't lie I was kind of hoping for a girl. I know every child is amazing and all of that unicorn and fairy dust shit but it would have worked out so well for me. That's right, it's all about me.....lol. Clearly I will love my nephew and it will be great to have another playmate and family member for my boys. However,on hubby's side there are no girls. His father is an only child, his father's father was an only child, hubby has two brothers, we have the two boys and  then their is one nephew . So let's just say that side needs a little estrogen.  I was so hoping to soften those men up just a a little bit. I guess in a perfect world I could have another baby and this time it would be a girl.....yeah right.

6 month check up (our appointment was 2 weeks late) Fynn 17.2 pounds
                                                                                        Hudson 16.4 pounds

13 comments:

  1. yay for teeth! Its going to give your boys a whole new look... bitter sweet!! Enjoy! And I hear ya on the second month trying! My bros and their wives are all fertile mertiles. All of my Nieces and nephews were conceived on the FIRST or SECOND month! Such BS! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am a little sad that they are growing up so fast but proud at the same time.
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. See I need a boy baby because on hubby's side it's only girl grand babies. I need to add some testosterone to the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny, they say it is just fluke but there must be more to it.
      I am trying to convince hubby to adopt a girl (like it is that easy....lol)

      Delete
  3. Those little teeth do just seem to sneak up out of no where! Alidia just lost her gummy smile in the past couple weeks too. Two came in at once! Congrats on your nephew to be. My nephew was conceived on month #2 as well... so jealous!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for teeth! So funny, Maddy has five teeth already and Brayden had none...then just the other day I saw one poking through and I was so excited for him too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited but don't want them to change. I know they will look so grown up soon :(

      Delete
  5. Oh, and your first pediatrician seemed completely inappropriate! I would have switched too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was a real piece of work. He also made a bunch of Jewish jokes too, I guess he figured because he was Jewish it was okay.
      Luckily we found this new doctor and he is wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Yay for teeth! Your so lucky to not have noticed lol there's been no secret what's been going on here!

    And very inappropriate of your doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The teeth thing is exciting but sad at the same time. I love this stage and I wish I could hit pause so we could enjoy it a bit longer.
      As far as not noticing the teething, trust me it isn't like he wasn't fussy. Fynn is our fussy guy so we just didn't notice any difference between the teething whining and his regular constant whimper. I am sure it will be more noticable when Hudson (our calm guy) breaks his first tooth.
      Thanks for the post!

      Delete
  7. I am happy you like your pediatrician. The old one definitely crossed the line about your sister and hubby spending time together rather than jumping through the ART hoop.

    Congrats on Fynn cutting his first tooth. The boys are very handsome, btw!

    LOL on the boy thing. My hubby grew up with 'males'...and his female cousins were far enough for him to not get the sisterly blathering. However, this generation, thankfully has a mixture of both males and female cousins, and I couldn't be anymore thankful than I am for this.

    ReplyDelete