Thursday, April 19, 2012

Two Months Old

I can't believe the boys are 2 months old already.  Time is flying by and we are enjoying every minute. I feel so grateful to have these two awesome boys in my life.  I can't stop starring at them and have to pinch myself and remind myself that this is really my life. I crossed a train track today and realized that I had nothing left to wish for.  Everything I ever wanted was sitting in the car with me. 
My only complaint so far regarding motherhood is that it is going by way too fast. I wish I could stay in this moment forever.  I keep closing my eyes and telling myself to rememeber every smell, sound and feeling because I want to remember every detail.
Things are moving along and changing so quickly.  The boys look different on a daily basis.  Fynn used to seem so much smaller than Hudson but he seems to be catching up quickly.  Sometimes when I look quickly I can confuse them from a distance because they both have cute chubby cheeks. It's hard to believe that we ever worried about them eating.  It seems like all they do is eat.  Just 2 short months ago we had to use various feeding techniques in an attempt to get the boys to eat between 50-60ml of formula/breast milk. Now we are constantly feeding the boys and they are eating more than 160mls per feeding. I guess it is just a quick glimpse at what it might be like when we have 2 teen aged boys eating us out of house and home.
The boys still seem to have very different personalities.  They are both excellent babies who only seem to cry when they need something (knock on wood).  Hudson seems to be a bit more chilled and relaxed in general and Fynn seems to be  the more serious and observant baby.  Hudson wakes up slowly and stretches and looks around while  Fynn  is a man who seems to know what he wants and isn't affraid to ask for it.....haha.  I am happy that they appear to very different and I can't wait to see their personalities continue to reveal themselves to us.




3 comments:

  1. Yes, motherhood goes by WAY too quickly! I love how they each have their own personalities. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these updates. They are adorable and I'm so glad you are trying to take some time to relish these amazing moments in the beginnig here... I'm sure it goes way to fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to see you back and posting (although I know it is so hard to find the time). Your boys are adorable and I agree - the hardest part about this gig is just time and change and growing up. Could we just slow it all down please!

    ReplyDelete