Saturday, October 30, 2010

Get your hands off my cervix!!!!!

Okay, so every time I have a procedure that involves anyone going near my cervix I feel like I am going to freakin die!!! It hurts so badly that I start crying immediately, I swear like a sailor, and I have the biggest urge to kick the closest doctor. Today was no different I had what most people would consider a routine Pap and I didn't even make it through it. Actually although I have had adverse reactions to paps before, it has never been like this. Usually the only painful part is when they "pinch" my ovaries. This time when she was trying to "take a peek" at my cervix I could not handle it. I have what has been referred to as of lately as a turned cervix and it is so painful. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so is it an indication of something more serious. At this point I feel like all of the doctors in my life are less than forthcoming so I am a bit worried. So basically the doctor tried 3 different times to look at my cervix and then she refused to go on because of my pain.
Okay on a somewhat related topic does anyone else sick of being the sick wife. My husband asked me today (in more delicate words) if I thought I would ever be physically normal and pain free. Now don't get me wrong, I go to work, have a social life, and am generally healthy but my endo causes almost constant pain. Every day of the week I have sharp shooting pains and a tender abdomen. During my period I am in a shit load of pain (cramping, upset tummy, backache, shooting pains down my legs etc..). I try to keep my complaining to a minimum but it is hard to go unnoticed. I am either running to the toilet for a bathroom emergency or when my cramps are so bad, to throw up. I am physically drained for atleast one month a month. No kidding my husband wants to know if I will ever be normal. I don't even know the answer. I guess maybe if I had everytihng removed from my lady parts but that wouldn't solve my problems it would just give me new ones!
Wow, what a bummer I am tonight. It could be because I have report cards due Monday and that's never fun.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I am so sorry! I have never encountered cervix pain except from sex. I have never heard of a turned cervix either. But I hear you about your endo pain. I used to suffer so badly from it, but with the right treatment, you can get better. In my case, My TCM doc is treating me for hormonal imbalance and it seems to be helping with pain all around. Sex pain, bowel/bladder movement pain, period pain, rectum pain have all decreased or ceased. I don't bleed like crazy these days either and the length and volume of flow is normalizing. I have so much of my life back. I really hope you find a treatment that helps you. But there IS hope. I am proof of it. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sorry your endo pain is so brutal. i didn't realize it was that bad. being in pain every day surely can wreack havoc with your psyche. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, just like zengirl, I totally get it. My own endo has only improved through diet changes, supps, and herbs. I'm so sorry you're suffering so much, and I bet your hubby suffers right along with you. :-( More hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete