Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This is Insanity

Okay, I know I have already written a post that says this exact sentiments but I am living in a mad house.  These boys are like wild animals that don't stop.  They literally never sit still. Even when they are eating they are batting away the spoon, kicking their high chairs and yelping at the top of their lungs. Short of moving into a bouncy castle I don't know what else we can do.  We were given an octogon shaped "pen" from another twin mom and that isn't even helping. First of all I am not 100% comfortable with the idea of it but I figured I would give it a whirl, at this point I would try anything.  Anyways the "pen" quickly became a cage and my boys became cage fighters.  They aren't intending to hurt each other, at least I hope not, but they are mauling each other all the same. Plus they pull up on the bars and then leap face first into the ground.  I tried padding the cage with pillows, I lined the entire octogon with them. That didn't work because it left about a 2ft by 2 ft space for them to play and they hated it. They are pulling themselves up on every and any item and they seem to be drawn to dangers that I hadn't even considered.  Seriously, one of them was trying to chip paint off the wall to eat it yesterday.  They both dart off to opposites side of the house whenever they can and are extreme dare devils.  Then they look at me with shock and disgust when they fall.  By the end of the day I a sweating buckets, by the way I have gained weight so figure that out, and a nervous basket case. I decided I was at my breaking point trying to keep them entertained and alive so I splurged and signed them up for Gymboree.  Well they HATE it.  Seriously, even my little guy who we now call Hollywood Hudson, because he never stops smiling and flirting, cries the entire time we are there.  They literally are rendered motionless as soon as we enter the room.  It is a total mind beep because I don't get what would be setting them off.  The room is like one giant play mat with slides, tunnels and toys.  They refuse to crawl and cling to me for dear life.  When the "teacher" comes around to them they look like deer in headlights.  How can they be so terrified, they have each other and they love being around their cousins so I don't think they are affraid of the other kids.  I am with them the entire time yet they are almost shaking they are so frightened.  Theie favourite thing to do at home with me is to walk while I hold their hands, they could do it all day long.  The minute we walk into that Gymboree room their legs turn to spaghetti and they refuse to put any weight on them. They don't participate in any of the activities because they are stiff as a board and refuse to be put down.  I thought after the first couple of classes they would come around but we have been to 4 classes now and nothing has improved.

8 comments:

  1. This made me laugh... only because it sounds OH so familiar. ;) One of our girls apparently learned how to slide our screen door open. I caught them in the middle of climbing out the door into our backyard. SIGH. Best of luck to you. To us both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they are into the exploring and no barrier is going to stop me phase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mama! Sounds like you have your hands full and they aren't walking yet. Hang in there, keep trying toe Gymboree and hopefully they will get used to it and learn to love it. It's hard when they are that age, learning that there is a whole big world for them to explore. Keep trying to find them new things to do, places to explore, etc. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, so sad that they don't like Gymboree as it definitely sounds like you could due with that time outside the house, doing something a bit different!! Like Heather said, I would keep trying and hopefully they will come around soon. It sounds like you sure are busy with those two at home. I don't know how you do it. I struggle chasing after one crawling baby!! You amaze me... even if you feel stressed at times... you are doing an amazing job with those two little guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope this crazy phase does not last too much longer :s I don't know how you keep up with two. Honestly I applaude you. I know it may not always feel like it but you are doing an awesome job.
    Keep trying the Gymboree and hopefully they will come around, is it loud in there? Maybe it's too much stimulation?
    Thank you for your kind words on my last post <3 I'm planning on writing back as soon as I can, lol you know how it is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you! My days are long and crazy! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. TWIN BOYS?!?! I'm just now catching up. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, oh I'm sorry to laugh but you are such a funny writer! You've definitely got your hands full!

    ReplyDelete